This journey through South America & Central America gives the viewer a sample of some of
the great natural wonders, architectural treasures, and cultural and artistic highlights of several cities
and countries. Here are inspired scenes from Santiago, Chile; Lima, Cuzco & Machu Picchu in Peru; the
Amazon; the Galapagos Islands; the Panama Canal; San Juan and the National Parks of Costa Rica;
and the volcanoes and colonial cities of Nicaragua. A beautiful sampler of cathedrals, lively pedestrian
streets, palaces and parks, fascinating wildlife, tropical rainforests, and meetings with passionate Latin
- CHILE. Walk the Spanish Colonial streets of the capital city, Santiago; marvel at the interior and
exterior architecture of the cathedrals and churches; enjoy a performance of prize Chilean horses and
their riders at a working ranch; tour the vineyards of central Chile; savor the views of the ocean from the
heights of the colorful city of Valparaiso and Vina del Mar.
- PERU. See the massive capitol city of Lima; walk the cobblestone streets of the UNESCO World
Heritage town of Cuzco, at 11,000 feet in the Andes Mountains; touch the massive stone walls of the
great Incan spiritual refuge site of Machu Picchu; ride in a boat down the luxuriant Madre de Dios River,
a tributary of the enormous Amazon River.
- ECUADOR. Experience the unique and fantastic wildlife and wild volcanic terrain of the famous
- PANAMA. Cruise by ship through the great Panama Canal.
- COSTA RICA. Walk through the markets of the tropical port city of Puntarenas; swim in the beautiful
Pacific waters of Manual Antonia National Park; photograph the crocodiles, sloths, parrots and other
tropical wildlife; thrill to jungle walks and zipline rides through the forest; the capital city, San Jose
- NICARAGUA. Saunter through the steamy tropical port town of Corinto; walk through the intriguing
plazas and streets of the Spanish colonial town of Leon; explore a steaming volcano and see boiling
mud pots and geysers; enjoy the atmosphere of Nicaragua’s finest colonial city, Granada. Take a
scenic boat ride around the beautiful Lake Nicaragua.